PhD – Clinical Associate
Christeine Terry, PhD is a licensed clinical psychologist who provides services to older adolescents and adults using a cognitive-behavioral perspective that includes newer evidence-based therapies, specifically Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and mindfulness-based approaches. She also provides services to family members who are seeking an alternative to interventions and 12-step based approaches to help their addicted loved ones.
Dr. Terry completed her training at the University of Washington and her post-doctoral training at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System where she treated Veterans with serious mental illness. She focuses on strategies to help individuals or families who are struggling with addiction and c-occurring mental health issues. Dr. Terry has special expertise in ACT which is increasingly recognized as major evidence-based treatment for many mental health conditions and life challenges. She hosts a monthly resource group for professionals using ACT as well as teaching the skills to clients in individual and group settings.
Dr. Terry’s areas of specialty include:
- Personal growth and increased connection with value-based living
- Depression and Anxiety
- Substance misuse disorders
- Co-occurring mental and substance use disorders
- Families seeking to help their addicted loved ones
- Trauma and PTSD
- Interpersonal problems
Dr. Terry works collaboratively to help people overcome their difficulties and to help them lead bigger, more fulfilling, and value-directed lives.
Dr. Terry can be reached directly at (206) 963-6313.
- Specializations: Adults, Addictions and Families of Individuals with Co-Occurring Disorders and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Insurance: First Choice, Group Health, Premera, Regence